Biography Published in Marquis Who’s Who
1. Who’s who in Science and Engineering, 8th Edition, 2004
2. Who’s who in America – 59th Edition, 2004.
3. Who’s who in America – 60th Edition 2005.
Awards. Honors. Scholarships
- Fulbright Scholar, 2016-2017. Awarded by the United States Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs.
- Scholar of the Year Award, University level award, Florida Atlantic University, 2017.
- Outstanding Service as a Member of the Organizing and Steering Committee of Weather Radar and Hydrology (WRaH), 2014, EWRI, ASCE.
- Faculty Research Mentoring Award, FAU, 2014.
- National Recognition for USGS Project. One of the 9 projects (out of 189) at national level selected by United States Geological Survey (USGS). 2013.
- National Science Foundation (NSF) GRFP Review Panel Member, Oceanic, Atmospheric and Geosciences, GRFP, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014.
- Reviewer, Natural Environment Research Council (NERC), United Kingdom, 2010-2011.
- Outstanding Service as a Technical Program Co-Chair, Award, 2010, EWRI, ASCE.
- Reviewer, NIWR-USGS National Competitive 104G Grants Program, 2010.
- Invited Speaker, Brain Korea 21 (BK21) Program, Seoul, South Korea, 2010.
- EWRI Task Committee Excellence Award, ASCE-EWRI, 2009, “Use and Application of Radar Rainfall Data Task Committee”.
- Excellence and Innovation in Undergraduate Teaching Award, University level award, Florida Atlantic University, 2009.
- Invited Keynote Speaker, Hydro-Predict 2008, International Conference, Prague, September, 2008. Lecture on Innovative Spatial Interpolation Methods.
- Teacher of the Year, College of Engineering and Computer Science, FAU, 2008.
- Finalist for Distinguished Teacher of the Year (DTOY) award at University level, from College of Engineering, one of the nine finalists, Florida Atlantic University, 2008.
- Travel Award, Division of Sponsored Research, Florida Atlantic University, FAU, 2006.
- Frontiers in Assessment Methods for the Environment (FAME) Grant, Association of Environmental Engineering and Science Professors (AEESP), USA, 2003.
- Invited Lecture, Special Invitation and Financial Support to speak at a Workshop on International Framework on Water Dynamics Kyoto University, Japan, 2002.
- Member, Expert Assistance Pool (EAP), South Florida Water Management District, (pre-qualified expert to provide peer review, consultation and scientific assistance to district staff in completing technical projects), 2001 – 2004.
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) Fellowship, Canada (awarded for academic excellence, scientific ability, scholastic achievement, leadership qualities, communication skills and promise as a researcher through Canadian national level competition), 2000– 2002.
- Alumni Grant, University of Manitoba, Canada, 2000.
- UMSU SIGPAC Grant, University of Manitoba, Canada, 2000.
- UMSU Endowment Grant University of Manitoba, Canada, 1999.
- GSA Grant, University of Manitoba, Canada, 1999-2000.
- Department of Civil Engineering Grant, University of Manitoba, Canada, 1999 – 2000
- Faculty of Graduate Studies Award, University of Manitoba, Canada, 1999 – 2000
- Canadian Water Resources Association (CWRA) Scholarship, for academic excellence and research relevant to Water Resources Management, (national level scholarship, one of the four awarded annually), 1999 – 2000.
- Research Assistantship, Department of Civil Engineering, University of Manitoba [Financial grant/support from NSERC, Canada, Industry Oriented Research Grant], 1999 April – 2000 April.
- Donald Stephens Memorial Fellowship, for excellence in engineering research as well as research related to electric power industry,1998 STEPHENS FELLOW, University of Manitoba (one award per year for entire college of engineering), Winnipeg, Canada, 1998 – 1999. $6000.
- University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowship, for excellence in academic accomplishment at University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada, 1998 – 2000, $30,000.
- British Hydrologic Society Fellowship, for young scientists, United Kingdom, 1998.
- Edward R. Toporeck Graduate Fellowship, for highest academic standing in the Faculty of Engineering, at University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada, (awarded for the second time), 1998 – 1999, $5000.
- Edward R. Toporeck Graduate Fellowship, for highest academic standing in the Faculty of Engineering, at University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada, 1997 – 1998, $6000.
- UMSU Scholarship, for excellence in academic achievement at the University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada, 1997 – 1998.
- Manitoba Hydro Research and Development Scholarship, Provincial Hydropower Utility scholarship, Winnipeg, Canada, 1996 September – 1999 April, $37,000.
- Research Assistantship, Department of Civil Engineering, University of Manitoba, 1996 January – 1996 August.
- Young Scientist Award, Center for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), India, 1994.
- Graduate Fellowship, Indian Institute of Science, India, for M. Sc. (Engineering), 1992 – 1995.
- Distinction with First Class, Osmania University, India for Bachelor of Engineering, Four-Year Course, 1992.
- National Merit Prize, Government of India, 1985.