Tang, Yufei (唐宇飞) Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Department of Computer & Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (CEECS)
Faculty Fellow, Institute for Sensing and Embedded Network Systems Engineering (I-SENSE)
Florida Atlantic University
777 Glades Road, EE Room 318, Boca Raton, FL 33431, USA
Tel: 1-561-2974981; Email: email@example.com
Yufei Tang is an Assistant Professor in the Department of CEECS and a Faculty Fellow of I-SENSE at Florida Atlantic University (FAU). He received his Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from the University of Rhode Island (URI) in 2016. His research interests lie generally in the areas of Computational Intelligence and Cyber-Physical Energy Systems. In particular, he is interested in developing new intelligent algorithms (e.g., deep learning, reinforcement learning, adaptive dynamic programming) and building efficient and resilient cyber-physical energy systems (e.g., power system stability control and optimization, cyber-physical smart grid security).
Dr. Tang is an active member of IEEE. He has authored and co-authored 50+ peer-reviewed research articles, including high impact journal/conference papers. He is an active reviewer for the flagship journals and conferences in the power and energy society (PES) and computational intelligence society (CIS), such as the IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid (TSG), IEEE Transactions on Power Systems (TPS), IEEE Transactions on Big Data (TBD), IEEE Power and Energy Society General Meeting (PESGM), and IEEE International Joint Conference of Neural Networks (IJCNN). He is the recipient of the Steve Bouley and Rhonda Wilson Graduate Fellowship (2016), the Chinese Government Award for Outstanding Student Abroad (2015), a co-recipient of the IEEE PESGM Graduate Student Poster Contest Second Prize (2015), and the IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC) Best Paper Award (2014).
- [10/2017] Dr. Tang received Science Research Fund from Walter & Lalita Janke Foundation. [Link]
- [08/2017] University of Rhode Island Alumni Success: Yufei Tang. [Link]
- [04/2017] Dr. Tang received FC2 Seed Award. [Link]
- [03/2017] Paper entitled “Improved Sliding Mode Design for Load Frequency Control of Power System Integrated an Adaptive Learning Strategy” has been accepted by IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics (TIE).
- [03/2017] Paper entitled “Stacked Multi-Level-Denoising Autoencoders: A New Representation Learning Approach for Wind Turbine Gearbox Fault Diagnosis” has been accepted by IEEE Trans. on Instrumentation & Measurement (TIM).
- [03/2017] One paper has been accepted by IEEE Power and Energy Society General Meeting (PESGM), 2017.
- [02/2017] Two papers have been accepted by IEEE International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN), 2017.