- M. McFarland, A.R. Nayak, N. Stockley, M. Twardowski and J. Sullivan and, “Effects of orientation on light absorption and scattering in colonial phytoplankton”, In Press, Frontiers in Marine Science.
- A.R. Nayak and M. Twardowski, “Breaking news for the ocean’s carbon budget”, Science, 367 (6479), 738-739. (Invited perspective). https://doi.org/10.1126/science.aba7109
- T.S. Moore, J. Churnside, J. Sullivan, M. Twardowski, A.R. Nayak, M. McFarland, N. Stockley, R. Gould, T. Johengen and S. Ruberg, “Vertical distributions of blooming cyanobacteria populations in a freshwater lake from LIDAR observations”, 2019. Remote Sensing of Environment, 225, 347-367.
- A.R. Nayak, M. McFarland, J. Sullivan and M. Twardowski, “Evidence of ubiquitous preferential particle orientation in representative oceanic shear flows”, 2018. Limnology & Oceanography, 63(1), 122-143. https://doi.org/10.1002/lno.10618
- T.S. Moore, C.B. Mouw, J. Sullivan, M. Twardowski, A. Burtner, A. Ciochetto, M. McFarland, A.R. Nayak, D. Paladino, N. Stockley, T. Johengen, A. Yu, S. Ruberg and A. Weidemann, “Bio-optical properties of cyanobacteria blooms in western Lake Erie”, 2017. Frontiers in Marine Science, 4, 300. https://doi.org/10.3389/fmars.2017.00300
- A.R. Nayak, C. Li, B.Kiani, and J. Katz, “On the wave and current interaction with a rippled seabed in the coastal ocean bottom boundary layer”, 2015. Journal of Geophysical Research: Oceans, 120, 4595-4624.
- S. Talapatra, J. Hong, M. McFarland, A.R. Nayak, C. Zhang, J. Katz, J. Sullivan, M. Twardowski, J. Rines, P. Donaghay, “Characterization of biophysical interactions in the water column using in situ digital holography”, 2013. Marine Ecology Progress Series, 473, 29-51.
- E.E. Hackett, L. Luznik, A. R. Nayak, J. Katz, and T. R. Osborn, “Field measurements of turbulence at an unstable interface between current and wave bottom boundary layers “, 2011. Journal of Geophysical Research: Oceans, 116, C02022.
- A. T. Greer, J. C. Lehrter, B. M. Binder, A. R. Nayak, R. Barua*, A.E. Rice, J. Cohen, M. McFarland, A. Hagemeyer, N.D. Stockley, K.M. Boswell, I. Shulman, S. deRada, B. Penta, “High-resolution sampling of a broad marine life size spectrum in relation to shelf biophysical characteristics”, Submitted to Frontiers in Marine Science in March 2020.
- T. McKenzie*, M. Twardowski, N. Briggs, A.R. Nayak, K. Boswell and F. Dalgleish, “Multi-scale characterization of mesopelagic organisms using a three-dimensional imaging lidar”, Submitted to Frontiers in Marine Science.
- B. Guo, L. Nyman*, A.R. Nayak, D. Milmore, M. McFarland, M. Twardowski,J. Yu and J. Hong, “Automated plankton classification from holographic imagery with deep convolutional neural networks” Submitted to Limnology & Oceanography: Methods in May 2020.
- A.R. Nayak, E. Malkiel, M. McFarland, M. Twardowski and J. Sullivan, “A review of holography in the aquatic sciences: In situ characterization of particles, plankton and small scale biophysical interactions”. Submitted to Frontiers in Marine Science.
- A.R. Nayak, M. McFarland, M. Twardowski, T. Moore, J. Sullivan and F. Dalgleish. “Using digital holography to characterize thin layers and harmful algal blooms in aquatic environments”, 2019. In OSA Digital Holography & Three-dimensional Imaging Meeting, pp.Th4A-4. Optical Society of America. https://doi.org/10.1364/DH.2019.Th4A.4
- A.R. Nayak, M. McFarland, M. Twardowski and J. Sullivan, “On plankton distributions and biophysical interactions in diverse aquatic environments”, April 17-18, 2018. SPIE Ocean Sensing & Monitoring X, Apr 16-17, 2018. Orlando, Florida, USA. https://doi.org/10.1117/12.2309798
- A.R. Nayak, C. Li, B. Kiani and J. Katz, “Wave-current and bottom topographical interactions in the coastal ocean bottom boundary layer”, 10th International Symposium on Particle Image Velocimetry, July 1-3, 2013. Delft, Netherlands. https://doi.org/10.1117/12.920570
- S. Talapatra, J. Sullivan, J. Katz, M. Twardowski, H. Czerski, P. Donaghay, J. Hong, J. Rines, M. McFarland, A.R. Nayak and C. Zhang. “Application of in-situ digital holography in the study of particle, organisms and bubbles within their natural environment”, 2012. SPIE Ocean Sensing & Monitoring IV, 8372, 837205. https://doi.org/10.1117/12.920570
* indicates contribution by graduate students or postdocs in our lab.